Producers of High Quality Grape Vines
Northshore Grapevine Nursery was founded by David Hildebrandt, who was born in Mexico and grew up in an Agricultural industry on his parents 200 acre farm. There, he, along with other family members, grew various crops.
It was in 1987 that David and his wife moved to Ontario, Canada where they settled in the Niagara region. David quickly found employment in a large nursery where he worked with fruit trees for 2 years before being transferred to the grape vine grafting department. He found this work interesting and enjoyable as he worked under the supervision of an individual who had a strong passion and dedication for producing high quality grape vines.
In 1992, David’s supervisor launched his own grape vine nursery and hired David, first as an employee, and later as the Product Manager. Business at the Niagara Nursery grew from 250,000 to over one million vines grafted per year, before the business was expanded to a 290 acre farm in California. As manager of the California Nursery, David again helped expand the grape vine production from 250,000 to well over one million high quality grafted grape vines.
In the spring of 2003 David and his family decided to move back to Southern Ontario where he looked after a 70 acre vineyard developed from purchasing clean high quality grape vines. It was while running the vineyard, that David launched his own nursery, Northshore Grapevine Nursery, where he provided custom grafting of green potted vines from a green house. In the spring of 2015, David and his wife purchased a 28 acre Farm in Harrow, Ontario and just two years later the business has become a full-time operation. Custom grafting is still performed but on a larger scale, along with green potted vines and dormant bench grafts.
For Northshore Grapevine Nursery, the focus is on quality, not quantity. That is why they continue to provide custom propagation services for their customers. Their mission is to use their vast experience to produce the highest quality vines while providing the best grape varieties and clones for productive healthy vineyards.
- Experience at all levels. Owner David Hildebrandt has more than 30 years of hands-on experience in the grapevine industry. Other members of the family-operated business are also highly experienced.
- Growers can select varieties, clones, and rootstocks that will work best with their vineyard location, soil type and climate, as opposed to taking a chance on purchasing what’s available at the time.
- Support is provided by our knowledgeable and experienced staff. We will help you select the right rootstock and clone for your vineyard.
- We test every vine for Red Blotch and Leaf Roll to provide our customers with a clean healthy product.
- We only import certified rootstock from California, unlike rootstock from Europe, none of which is certified.
- We offer a large selection of varieties, clones, and rootstocks.
- Our main focus is on quality verses quantity.
- Our priority is to deliver a strong and healthy product .
- We keep our costs as low as possible.
- We provide exceptional customer service.